Wednesday, August 21
Charles Mathews, Principal, ClearView Healthcare Partners
Plenary Keynote Presentation: FDA Updates: Now and Looking to the Future
Tim Stenzel, MD, PhD, Director, Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and
Introduction and background of the new Office Director of OIR and updates on precision medicine and other initiatives at the FDA.
Plenary Keynote discussion: Proposals and Solutions for Diagnostic Reform Including Oversight of Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs)
Moderator: Cynthia A. Bens, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, Personalized Medicine Coalition
- How are stakeholders influencing congressional activity on the Verifying Accurate Leading-edge IVCT Development (VALID) Act?
- How will the VALID Act change the current oversight landscape for diagnostics, including LDTs?
- How are policymakers addressing the role of CMS and CLIA in the VALID Act?
- How will increased regulatory and oversight activities at the FDA affect the diagnostics industry?
- What impact will changes in diagnostics regulation and oversight have on patient care?
Julie Khani, MPA, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association (ACLA)
Donald E. Horton, Jr., Senior Vice President, Global Government Relations & Public Policy, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
Susan Van Meter, Executive Director, AdvaMedDx